Saturday, March 28, 2009

Major Update!

It's been a very long time since I've updated this, so I decided to do it TODAY! It's 9:30am on a Saturday, March 28. I came back from my trip to New York last Monday. It was a blast with some ups and downs. I'll recap towards like last week then. I'm not sure where I left off, but it was probably St. Patrick's Day. The school was all green! Wednesday, the 18th, A Cappella had a pep rally AFTER SCHOOL instead of during lunch because Ms. Chang said that the sophomores would be too hyped up to calm down and take their test. EVERYONE was able to go to New York. No one was left behind, YAY! They were already done with their CAHSEE! -__- We sang through our songs before we got onto the bus. I sat next to Alex and we were going to make a cover of "My Everything" by Randolph Permejo and Cathy Nguyen, but the laptop kept moving. We checked in at the airport in Long Beach. Our flight was at 8ish, but we got there at like..6. I had to waste money on buying a hotdog and naked juice there. We had to walk onto this ramp thing that led to the door of the airplane. I hate the middle seat. It's SO uncomfortable. The flight there was 5 hours. I watched the television and listened to music while falling asleep. It was pretty cold when we landed. It was about 5am when we landed in NY. It was 2am in Cali. I texted my brother to tell him that I just landed safely in NY. We got our luggage and took the air train to the subway. I fell back on the subway and Jessica caught me because I was standing up and holding onto my luggage. We dropped off our luggage at the hotel. Lugging the luggages up those stairs were such a work out. My arms were ever so sore! We walked towards the Hudson River so we can catch the ferry to see Lady Liberty and Ellis Island. I met this girl that I never got the name of and she was talking about how when she was younger, you were able to go to Governor's Island. The kids on the second level kept saying "Hi!" to us and attempted to take pictures of us. I was so tired and I'm sure everyone else was because we barely caught any sleep on the plane. Sleep deprivation! Wendy and Jessica would not stop laughing. They didn't know she had toes. It rained when we were there. We sang the star-spangled banner in front of the statue. It was so cold! Afterwards, we went to Ellis Island. I found that pretty cool. We went some people from other choirs from other states. Some people were shocked that we came from LA and we're there in NY. I called up Ralph to see where he was and I didn't know he was 2 hours away which was very sad so I didn't get to see him at all in the trip ): After Ellis Island, we went back to the hotel. We all rested up and we went to go get dinner around 6. I think this was when Wendy and I went to Ray's Pizza. The pizza was good, I tell ya! I don't remember what happened after. We were going to swim, but apparently it was too hot. I think this was the night the girls and I stayed up till 3am NY. We kept hearing doors slam. We ironed our dresses and ate junk food. The next morning, we got up extra early and got dressed in warm clothes to go to the hotel across the street to warm up. Some people were complaining about doors slamming from the night when they KNOW that it was them that was doing the door slamming. -__- We warmed up in this one room that had no acoustics whatsoever. We took the subway all the way to the Riverside Church. It was a long way. The church was under construction. The view inside was beautiful. I love it! We warmed up in this one room and it sound so beautiful. When we sang in the church, it sound dead. We saw David after we took the picture. We headed back to the subway to head back to the hotel to get out of our dresses and in our choir sweaters and t-shirts. We went to this one high school of the arts that was down the street from Juilliard. That school is awesome. Their senior choir sang beautifully that I didn't even want to sing for them. They literally gave me chills. We went back to the hotel to get ready for singing the star-spangled banner at Madison Square Garden. Yeah, that's right! It's on YouTube. (: We rehearsed and had a sound check. It was amazing to be able to sing the national anthem at the Knicks vs. Kings game. We watched the game, but left early. I think this was the night we went to Hooters after we came to the hotel. Hooters took too long so Anthony, Miranda, and I went to Starbucks, then to KFC. I believe Anthony, Jairo, Abel, Jose, and Daren snuck over to our room the second night we were there. Jose kept tickling my knee, so I threw my pillow at him and it hit Daren, too. Hahaha. Before they snuck over, we drew stuff on paper and took pictures and such (: The next day we went to a convalescent home, I believe. Then we got ready to see the Phantom of the Opera. I had to keep Daren awake during the play. I had the kids around me braid my hair for funzies. The play was amazing. I loved it. The Phantom and the prima donna sang beautifully. I was like "OMG" the whole time. (: We went to go get food afterwards I think and got ready for the awards ceremony. We won 3rd place Gold. We got lost on the way to get to the dinner cruise. Some of our girls ran in their heels all the way to the cruise. I wore Priscilla's heels because her feet were hurting and I let her wear my boots. We got to the cruise just in time thanks to the guys who ran all the way to tell them that we were on our way. The cruise was fun. The food was pretty good. Having the whole choir dance was the best part. It was fun while it lasted. We went back to the hotel and rest up. This time, we had Lulu, Nessa, Alex, Daren, Anthony, Abel, Jairo, Kevin, Randy, and John sneak over. There was literally 15 people in our tiny room. I know, right? Hahaha. We were all doing our own thing, watching scary stuff, talking about random stuff. It was fun. The next day, someone was bitching about my room and called my room "sluts" and they were pissed off because no one came over to their room even though they invited everyone for "initiation." FAIL. GET OVER IT. They tried pissing me off, but I just laughed. We went to a church in the morning. It was boring, no joke. I couldn't fall asleep. Afterwards, we had a few hours to roam Times Square. We went into that Toys 'R' Us and it's HUGE! It has a freakin' FERRIS WHEEL in the damn store! I was like "WOW!!!" We went back and met everyone up to go see Ground Zero and the Empire State Building. The view is amazing from the Empire State Building. We ordered pizza and played Twister that night in our hotel room. We had the same people kinda sneak over again. Monday, we went to Central Park and then headed out to the airport. I totally left out the drama parts of the trip. It's just funny how you're making yourself look like a fool, you two-faced person. Whatever, I'm over it. That's how our trip went. I was so tired when we came back. School was whatevers when we came back. Eh, I'll finish later.

No comments:

Post a Comment